Explosives meant for illegal mining seized in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Two persons were arrested today and a cache of explosives, suspected to be meant for illegal mining purpose, was seized from their vehicle in Rajasthan`s Jhunjhunu district on Sunday.
Ram Prasad and Kapil, who hail from Haryana, were arrested from Khetri area of the district, police said. "3,800 detonators, 41 bundles of wire, 850 kg explosive and Rs 1.34 lakh were seized from their possession," SHO (Khetri) Kailash chand said.
The explosives were meant to be used for illegal mining, he said, adding that the two are being interrogated to ascertain its source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day