Explosives meant for illegal mining seized in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Two persons were arrested today and a cache of explosives, suspected to be meant for illegal mining purpose, was seized from their vehicle in Rajasthan`s Jhunjhunu district on Sunday.
Ram Prasad and Kapil, who hail from Haryana, were arrested from Khetri area of the district, police said. "3,800 detonators, 41 bundles of wire, 850 kg explosive and Rs 1.34 lakh were seized from their possession," SHO (Khetri) Kailash chand said.
The explosives were meant to be used for illegal mining, he said, adding that the two are being interrogated to ascertain its source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state