Monsoon to enter Rajasthan ahead of schedule: IMD
Jaipur: The southwest monsoon would touch Mumbai during next 48 hours and will enter Rajasthan three-four days ahead of schedule, IMD said on Friday.
"The normal timing of the arrival of monsoon in Rajasthan is third week of June but this year, it is expected to hit three-four days in advance," DG of Indian Meteorological Department, Laxman Singh Rathor said.
Due to adequate humidity, the speed of the monsoon is normal, he said.
IMD had predicted in April normal monsoon with overall 98 per cent rainfall in the country in 2013.
A detailed prediction will be made next week, Rathor said.
For better weather predictions, IMD will install doplar radars in Kota, Jaisalmer and Sriganganagar in the state, he said.
Rathor said IMD is planning to provide weather forecast service for farmers at block level with the cooperation of agriculture department of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!