Sergey Brin spotted testing new Google glasses
Washington: Billionaire co-founder of Google, Sergey Brin, was spotted travelling on a downtown train in New York late on Sunday night wearing the company`s yet to be released Google Glasses, which is worth 1,500 dollars a pair.
Straphanger Noah Zerkin spotted Brin riding a downtown train on Sunday evening, holding a plastic bag and sporting a winter hat.
In a Twitter message, Serkin said he couldn`t believe his eyes after seeing Brin in the train.
But Zerkin, 32, said it looked as if the other passengers on the train did not appear to recognize the tech genius, or the cutting edge eyewear, the New York Daily News reports.
The 20 billion dollars man`s famed specs allow wearers to surf the Internet, make calls, and much more only through voice commands or pressing a button on the frame.
In a video released by the company last year, a goggle-wearer effortlessly gets directions, sends messages and takes photos while strolling at Lower Manhattan.
Google glasses made their appearance on the runways at the Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2013 collection during Fashion Week in New York.
The goggles are being tested by a select few, and have been spotted on occasion around the city. Models for Diane von Furstenberg sported them while walking the runway at New York Fashion Week in September, the report said.
Zerkin, who also develops `augmented reality` headwear, said it was possible the gear would be widespread within just a few years, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city