Sergey Brin spotted testing new Google glasses
Washington: Billionaire co-founder of Google, Sergey Brin, was spotted travelling on a downtown train in New York late on Sunday night wearing the company`s yet to be released Google Glasses, which is worth 1,500 dollars a pair.
Straphanger Noah Zerkin spotted Brin riding a downtown train on Sunday evening, holding a plastic bag and sporting a winter hat.
In a Twitter message, Serkin said he couldn`t believe his eyes after seeing Brin in the train.
But Zerkin, 32, said it looked as if the other passengers on the train did not appear to recognize the tech genius, or the cutting edge eyewear, the New York Daily News reports.
The 20 billion dollars man`s famed specs allow wearers to surf the Internet, make calls, and much more only through voice commands or pressing a button on the frame.
In a video released by the company last year, a goggle-wearer effortlessly gets directions, sends messages and takes photos while strolling at Lower Manhattan.
Google glasses made their appearance on the runways at the Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2013 collection during Fashion Week in New York.
The goggles are being tested by a select few, and have been spotted on occasion around the city. Models for Diane von Furstenberg sported them while walking the runway at New York Fashion Week in September, the report said.
Zerkin, who also develops `augmented reality` headwear, said it was possible the gear would be widespread within just a few years, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'