Sergey Brin spotted testing new Google glasses
Washington: Billionaire co-founder of Google, Sergey Brin, was spotted travelling on a downtown train in New York late on Sunday night wearing the company`s yet to be released Google Glasses, which is worth 1,500 dollars a pair.
Straphanger Noah Zerkin spotted Brin riding a downtown train on Sunday evening, holding a plastic bag and sporting a winter hat.
In a Twitter message, Serkin said he couldn`t believe his eyes after seeing Brin in the train.
But Zerkin, 32, said it looked as if the other passengers on the train did not appear to recognize the tech genius, or the cutting edge eyewear, the New York Daily News reports.
The 20 billion dollars man`s famed specs allow wearers to surf the Internet, make calls, and much more only through voice commands or pressing a button on the frame.
In a video released by the company last year, a goggle-wearer effortlessly gets directions, sends messages and takes photos while strolling at Lower Manhattan.
Google glasses made their appearance on the runways at the Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2013 collection during Fashion Week in New York.
The goggles are being tested by a select few, and have been spotted on occasion around the city. Models for Diane von Furstenberg sported them while walking the runway at New York Fashion Week in September, the report said.
Zerkin, who also develops `augmented reality` headwear, said it was possible the gear would be widespread within just a few years, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued