Blast kills seven civilians in east Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan officials say an explosion has killed seven civilians as they tried to pull bodies of insurgents killed from the rubble of a village mosque after a night raid by NATO and Afghan troops in the country`s east.
Wardak province spokesman Shahidullah Shahid says in a statement that four insurgents were killed in Sunday`s predawn operation in Sayd Abad district by the time fighting ended around 4:30 AM.
He says about two hours later residents started digging through the rubble and something exploded as they dug, killing seven people.
He says the insurgents were wearing suicide vests, but the source of the explosion was not immediately clear.
A spokesman for international forces in Afghanistan confirmed that four insurgents were killed but did not have any immediate reports of civilian deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred