Blast kills seven civilians in east Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan officials say an explosion has killed seven civilians as they tried to pull bodies of insurgents killed from the rubble of a village mosque after a night raid by NATO and Afghan troops in the country`s east.
Wardak province spokesman Shahidullah Shahid says in a statement that four insurgents were killed in Sunday`s predawn operation in Sayd Abad district by the time fighting ended around 4:30 AM.
He says about two hours later residents started digging through the rubble and something exploded as they dug, killing seven people.
He says the insurgents were wearing suicide vests, but the source of the explosion was not immediately clear.
A spokesman for international forces in Afghanistan confirmed that four insurgents were killed but did not have any immediate reports of civilian deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery