Blast kills seven civilians in east Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan officials say an explosion has killed seven civilians as they tried to pull bodies of insurgents killed from the rubble of a village mosque after a night raid by NATO and Afghan troops in the country`s east.
Wardak province spokesman Shahidullah Shahid says in a statement that four insurgents were killed in Sunday`s predawn operation in Sayd Abad district by the time fighting ended around 4:30 AM.
He says about two hours later residents started digging through the rubble and something exploded as they dug, killing seven people.
He says the insurgents were wearing suicide vests, but the source of the explosion was not immediately clear.
A spokesman for international forces in Afghanistan confirmed that four insurgents were killed but did not have any immediate reports of civilian deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!