Gunmen fire at train in Balochistan; 4 killed
Islamabad: Four persons were killed and 10 more seriously injured when unidentified gunmen fired at an Express train in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The gunmen fired indiscriminately at the Jaffar Express train in Kohsar area of Kachhi Bolan district late night, officials of the Pakistan Railways said.
The Jaffar Express was on way to the provincial capital of Quetta from Rawalpindi when it was attacked in the mountainous region.
There was an exchange of fire between law enforcement personnel on the train and the gunmen, who managed to escape, the officials said.
The firing damaged the locomotive, they said.
Personnel of the Frontier Corps, Pakistan Railways Police and Levies militia cordoned off the area and launched a search operation to trace the attackers.
The train subsequently reached Quetta railway station and the dead and injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Doctors said the condition of some of the injured was critical and they had been shifted to a military hospital.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!