Gunmen fire at train in Balochistan; 4 killed
Islamabad: Four persons were killed and 10 more seriously injured when unidentified gunmen fired at an Express train in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The gunmen fired indiscriminately at the Jaffar Express train in Kohsar area of Kachhi Bolan district late night, officials of the Pakistan Railways said.
The Jaffar Express was on way to the provincial capital of Quetta from Rawalpindi when it was attacked in the mountainous region.
There was an exchange of fire between law enforcement personnel on the train and the gunmen, who managed to escape, the officials said.
The firing damaged the locomotive, they said.
Personnel of the Frontier Corps, Pakistan Railways Police and Levies militia cordoned off the area and launched a search operation to trace the attackers.
The train subsequently reached Quetta railway station and the dead and injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Doctors said the condition of some of the injured was critical and they had been shifted to a military hospital.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi