Gunmen fire at train in Balochistan; 4 killed
Islamabad: Four persons were killed and 10 more seriously injured when unidentified gunmen fired at an Express train in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The gunmen fired indiscriminately at the Jaffar Express train in Kohsar area of Kachhi Bolan district late night, officials of the Pakistan Railways said.
The Jaffar Express was on way to the provincial capital of Quetta from Rawalpindi when it was attacked in the mountainous region.
There was an exchange of fire between law enforcement personnel on the train and the gunmen, who managed to escape, the officials said.
The firing damaged the locomotive, they said.
Personnel of the Frontier Corps, Pakistan Railways Police and Levies militia cordoned off the area and launched a search operation to trace the attackers.
The train subsequently reached Quetta railway station and the dead and injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Doctors said the condition of some of the injured was critical and they had been shifted to a military hospital.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price