Gunmen fire at train in Balochistan; 4 killed
Islamabad: Four persons were killed and 10 more seriously injured when unidentified gunmen fired at an Express train in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The gunmen fired indiscriminately at the Jaffar Express train in Kohsar area of Kachhi Bolan district late night, officials of the Pakistan Railways said.
The Jaffar Express was on way to the provincial capital of Quetta from Rawalpindi when it was attacked in the mountainous region.
There was an exchange of fire between law enforcement personnel on the train and the gunmen, who managed to escape, the officials said.
The firing damaged the locomotive, they said.
Personnel of the Frontier Corps, Pakistan Railways Police and Levies militia cordoned off the area and launched a search operation to trace the attackers.
The train subsequently reached Quetta railway station and the dead and injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Doctors said the condition of some of the injured was critical and they had been shifted to a military hospital.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'