Nawaz Sharif to visit China on his first foreign visit
Islamabad: On his first foreign visit since assuming office, Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will go to China next week where he is likely to seek Beijing`s assistance to overcome the country`s energy crisis.
This would be the first foreign trip of the Prime Minister since the new government has taken over earlier this month, Pakistan Foreign Ministry Spokesman Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry said at his weekly briefing on Thursday.
He said the dates for the visit would be determined through diplomatic channels.
Various MoUs to increase cooperation in different fields, including energy, would be signed during the visit, the spokesman said.
During his stay in Beijing, Sharif will discuss with the Chinese leadership plans for reinforcing bilateral strategic partnership, enhancing economic cooperation and development of Pakistan-China trade and economic corridor.=
Pakistani officials are also expected to discuss ways to seek Chinese assistance to overcome the country`s energy crisis.
A high-level delegation comprising members of the federal cabinet, parliamentarians and other senior officials will accompany Sharif, according to an official source.
Sharif was invited by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang during a meeting with the PML-N (Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz) Chief on the sidelines of his visit to Islamabad last month.
Chaudhry said the dead bodies of Chinese tourists killed in Pakistan`s northern areas in a terrorist attack have been sent to their country while those of the other countries will be sent later on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video