Nawaz Sharif to visit China on his first foreign visit
Islamabad: On his first foreign visit since assuming office, Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will go to China next week where he is likely to seek Beijing`s assistance to overcome the country`s energy crisis.
This would be the first foreign trip of the Prime Minister since the new government has taken over earlier this month, Pakistan Foreign Ministry Spokesman Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry said at his weekly briefing on Thursday.
He said the dates for the visit would be determined through diplomatic channels.
Various MoUs to increase cooperation in different fields, including energy, would be signed during the visit, the spokesman said.
During his stay in Beijing, Sharif will discuss with the Chinese leadership plans for reinforcing bilateral strategic partnership, enhancing economic cooperation and development of Pakistan-China trade and economic corridor.=
Pakistani officials are also expected to discuss ways to seek Chinese assistance to overcome the country`s energy crisis.
A high-level delegation comprising members of the federal cabinet, parliamentarians and other senior officials will accompany Sharif, according to an official source.
Sharif was invited by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang during a meeting with the PML-N (Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz) Chief on the sidelines of his visit to Islamabad last month.
Chaudhry said the dead bodies of Chinese tourists killed in Pakistan`s northern areas in a terrorist attack have been sent to their country while those of the other countries will be sent later on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!