PPP to form coalition govt with MQM in Sindh: Zardari
Karachi: Pakistan president and Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) leader Asif Ali Zardari has approved a coalition government with Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) in Sindh province, according to PPP leader Naveed Qamar.
Zardari has vowed that the PPP will play a role of a powerful opposition both in Senate and the National Assembly, reports The Dawn.
Senator Raza Rabbani said that the PPP has been part of different governments in the past and understands the parliamentary matters very well.
In an apparent reference to Yousuf Raza Gilani, Sherry Rehman, Aitzaz Ahsan and Mian Manzoor Wattoo, former chief minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah said the party leadership should face the music rather than resigning from their respective posts and going home. The PPP has faced even more adverse situations in the past, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'