Two death sentences given to Pak man over rape, murder
Lahore: A Pakistani court has awarded two death sentences to a man who raped and killed an eight-year-old girl in the central Punjab province.
Muhammad Usman was sentenced by Additional Sessions Judge Wasimur Rehman Khakwani during a hearing at a court here on Thursday.
The judge also ordered Khakwani to pay a fine of Rs 250,000 to for his offence.
Usman, a resident of Green Town in Lahore, kidnapped Naheem Sonu when she had gone to a market near her home to buy some candies.
He took her to a deserted place and raped and killed her, prosecutors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock