Two death sentences given to Pak man over rape, murder
Lahore: A Pakistani court has awarded two death sentences to a man who raped and killed an eight-year-old girl in the central Punjab province.
Muhammad Usman was sentenced by Additional Sessions Judge Wasimur Rehman Khakwani during a hearing at a court here on Thursday.
The judge also ordered Khakwani to pay a fine of Rs 250,000 to for his offence.
Usman, a resident of Green Town in Lahore, kidnapped Naheem Sonu when she had gone to a market near her home to buy some candies.
He took her to a deserted place and raped and killed her, prosecutors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security