Two death sentences given to Pak man over rape, murder
Lahore: A Pakistani court has awarded two death sentences to a man who raped and killed an eight-year-old girl in the central Punjab province.
Muhammad Usman was sentenced by Additional Sessions Judge Wasimur Rehman Khakwani during a hearing at a court here on Thursday.
The judge also ordered Khakwani to pay a fine of Rs 250,000 to for his offence.
Usman, a resident of Green Town in Lahore, kidnapped Naheem Sonu when she had gone to a market near her home to buy some candies.
He took her to a deserted place and raped and killed her, prosecutors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy