Vietnam successfully test-flies drones
Hanoi: Vietnam Sunday successfully conducted test flights of six indigenously-made unmanned aerial vehicles, a media report said.
The "made-in-Vietnam" drones flew over the Central Highlands Lam Dong province, Xinhua reported citing the Van Hoa The Thao (Culture and Sports) newspaper.
After three days of tests - May 17-19 - in Da Lat city and Lac Duong district of Lam Dong, six vehicles made by the Vietnam Space Technology Institute, under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), successfully made 37 flights.
The unmanned aircraft, carrying cameras, spectrometers and other devices, took off from the Cam Ly military airport.
They recorded over 300 high-resolution images about the current conditions of forest resources and water surface in Lam Dong.
The aircraft flew automatically without a ground control system.
The aircraft were equipped with several devices that would help in natural resource management and forest coverage calculation, state-run Vietnam News Agency quoted Chau Van Minh, director of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested