Vietnam successfully test-flies drones
Hanoi: Vietnam Sunday successfully conducted test flights of six indigenously-made unmanned aerial vehicles, a media report said.
The "made-in-Vietnam" drones flew over the Central Highlands Lam Dong province, Xinhua reported citing the Van Hoa The Thao (Culture and Sports) newspaper.
After three days of tests - May 17-19 - in Da Lat city and Lac Duong district of Lam Dong, six vehicles made by the Vietnam Space Technology Institute, under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), successfully made 37 flights.
The unmanned aircraft, carrying cameras, spectrometers and other devices, took off from the Cam Ly military airport.
They recorded over 300 high-resolution images about the current conditions of forest resources and water surface in Lam Dong.
The aircraft flew automatically without a ground control system.
The aircraft were equipped with several devices that would help in natural resource management and forest coverage calculation, state-run Vietnam News Agency quoted Chau Van Minh, director of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof