Fire at Tamil Nadu spinning mill
Erode: More than nine lakh bales of cotton and yarn worth crores of rupees were burnt to ashes when a fire swept through a private spinning mill in the district in the wee hours of Saturday.
The fire broke out at the mill in Suriampalayam in Gobichettipalayam taluka, 50 km from here, past midnight yesterday and started spreading to all areas, including the godown where huge quantities of cotton and yarn were stocked, police said.
However, there was no casualty as there were no workers present in the mill at the time of the mishap, they said.
More than nine lakh bales of cotton and yarn kept in the mill and godown were gutted in the fire, they said.
Fire and Rescue Service personnel with fire tenders rushed to the spot from nearby towns and doused the blaze after more than ten hours of battle, they said.
The cause of the fire was immediately not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan
- Will expedite trial in Sheena case: Judge