Fire at Tamil Nadu spinning mill
Erode: More than nine lakh bales of cotton and yarn worth crores of rupees were burnt to ashes when a fire swept through a private spinning mill in the district in the wee hours of Saturday.
The fire broke out at the mill in Suriampalayam in Gobichettipalayam taluka, 50 km from here, past midnight yesterday and started spreading to all areas, including the godown where huge quantities of cotton and yarn were stocked, police said.
However, there was no casualty as there were no workers present in the mill at the time of the mishap, they said.
More than nine lakh bales of cotton and yarn kept in the mill and godown were gutted in the fire, they said.
Fire and Rescue Service personnel with fire tenders rushed to the spot from nearby towns and doused the blaze after more than ten hours of battle, they said.
The cause of the fire was immediately not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic