Fire at Tamil Nadu spinning mill
Erode: More than nine lakh bales of cotton and yarn worth crores of rupees were burnt to ashes when a fire swept through a private spinning mill in the district in the wee hours of Saturday.
The fire broke out at the mill in Suriampalayam in Gobichettipalayam taluka, 50 km from here, past midnight yesterday and started spreading to all areas, including the godown where huge quantities of cotton and yarn were stocked, police said.
However, there was no casualty as there were no workers present in the mill at the time of the mishap, they said.
More than nine lakh bales of cotton and yarn kept in the mill and godown were gutted in the fire, they said.
Fire and Rescue Service personnel with fire tenders rushed to the spot from nearby towns and doused the blaze after more than ten hours of battle, they said.
The cause of the fire was immediately not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you