TN: Nuclear scientist found dead in his quarters
Chennai: Nuclear scientist Mohammed Mustafa, 24, was found dead in his quarters at Kalpakkam, around 80 km from here, with his wrists slashed Monday evening, police said.
A police official in Kalpakkam said: "We found Mustafa with his wrists slashed. We were called in when Mustafa`s room mate was not able to open the door as it was locked inside today (Monday) evening."
The police broke open the lock and went inside the quarters to find Mustafa dead.
"We have recovered a note purportedly written by Mustafa stating that nobody is responsible for his death," the police official said.
According to police, Mustafa son of Mohideen Kutty of Kozhikode in Kerala was on night duty and his room mate on general/morning duty.
Mustafa, a scientific assistant-B grade, had joined Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) a year back had undergone one year training and had been posted at Kalpakkam Reprocessing Plant (KARP), said an official preferring anonymity.
He was confirmed in his post only two months back, he added.
"Even on Sunday Mustafa was playing cricket with his friends. He called in sick and did not report for Sunday night shift work. Similarly on Monday too he told his colleagues he was not feeling well," the official said.
According to him, Mustafa was mentally stable and there was no work pressure.
The police have taken the body to the Government Hospital in Chengalpattu and post mortem will be conducted Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video