TN: Nuclear scientist found dead in his quarters
Chennai: Nuclear scientist Mohammed Mustafa, 24, was found dead in his quarters at Kalpakkam, around 80 km from here, with his wrists slashed Monday evening, police said.
A police official in Kalpakkam said: "We found Mustafa with his wrists slashed. We were called in when Mustafa`s room mate was not able to open the door as it was locked inside today (Monday) evening."
The police broke open the lock and went inside the quarters to find Mustafa dead.
"We have recovered a note purportedly written by Mustafa stating that nobody is responsible for his death," the police official said.
According to police, Mustafa son of Mohideen Kutty of Kozhikode in Kerala was on night duty and his room mate on general/morning duty.
Mustafa, a scientific assistant-B grade, had joined Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) a year back had undergone one year training and had been posted at Kalpakkam Reprocessing Plant (KARP), said an official preferring anonymity.
He was confirmed in his post only two months back, he added.
"Even on Sunday Mustafa was playing cricket with his friends. He called in sick and did not report for Sunday night shift work. Similarly on Monday too he told his colleagues he was not feeling well," the official said.
According to him, Mustafa was mentally stable and there was no work pressure.
The police have taken the body to the Government Hospital in Chengalpattu and post mortem will be conducted Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened