TN: Nuclear scientist found dead in his quarters
Chennai: Nuclear scientist Mohammed Mustafa, 24, was found dead in his quarters at Kalpakkam, around 80 km from here, with his wrists slashed Monday evening, police said.
A police official in Kalpakkam said: "We found Mustafa with his wrists slashed. We were called in when Mustafa`s room mate was not able to open the door as it was locked inside today (Monday) evening."
The police broke open the lock and went inside the quarters to find Mustafa dead.
"We have recovered a note purportedly written by Mustafa stating that nobody is responsible for his death," the police official said.
According to police, Mustafa son of Mohideen Kutty of Kozhikode in Kerala was on night duty and his room mate on general/morning duty.
Mustafa, a scientific assistant-B grade, had joined Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) a year back had undergone one year training and had been posted at Kalpakkam Reprocessing Plant (KARP), said an official preferring anonymity.
He was confirmed in his post only two months back, he added.
"Even on Sunday Mustafa was playing cricket with his friends. He called in sick and did not report for Sunday night shift work. Similarly on Monday too he told his colleagues he was not feeling well," the official said.
According to him, Mustafa was mentally stable and there was no work pressure.
The police have taken the body to the Government Hospital in Chengalpattu and post mortem will be conducted Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH