Bullet from Sarvar`s weapon killed Aman: Police
Ghaziabad: Denying charges that the death of
six-year-old boy, killed in an encounter in Pilkhulwa area
here, was not caused by police firing, the authority on Thursday
asserted that he died of the criminal`s bullet.
"Aman was hit by bullets fired by Sarvar and not by
the police, even though police did fire in defence later.
Defence became difficult as bullets hit the police van was
well," SSP Raghuvir Lal said.
A police team led by inspector Sanjeev Bishnoi went on
a visit to Dehpa village where a lady was allegedly beaten up.
During the visit a notorious criminal Sarvar fired on the
police after the team approached him, he said.
The policemen fired back on the criminal and during this
encounter the child was allegedly hit by a bullet fired by
Sarvar, said the SSP.
Sarvar, who had been released from jail about a
fortnight ago, must have opened fire thinking that the police
had come to nab him in the village, lal said adding that the
police team was not well-equipped with weapons and fire arms
as they were on a visit to the village to inquire about a
Meanwhile, the dead body of Aman, was handed over to
his bereaved family and last rites were performed amidst tight
The condition of 60-year-old Babu Khan and PSI
Bishnoi, who sustained serious bullet injuries in the
firing, is stated to be stable, he said.
A large police force has been deployed in different
parts in the district to nab Sarvar after the incident, SSP
said adding that the district authority has also assured
financial help to Aman`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak