Condition of poor Muslims worse than Dalits: Cong
CSM Nagar(UP): Justifying the Congress-led UPA government`s proposed move of providing a sub-quota for minorities, a Union Minister on Saturday said that condition of poor Muslims and Buddhists in the county was "worse" than Dalits.
"The condition of poor Muslims and Buddhists in the
country was worse than Dalits, therefore 4.5 per cent quota
within quota was necessary," Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal
The Union Minister alleged that corruption in Uttar
Pradesh was at its peak and blamed the Chief Minister Mayawati
"Though union government wants to set up projects, the
state is not making land available and corruption is at its
peak," Jaiswal said.
Jaiswal claimed that this time Congress is going to form
government in Uttar Pradesh, and "behenji" (Mayawati) and
"bhai saheb" should shun their lure of power.
He also said that Congress is not worried about Anna
Hazare and is ready to face him if he decides to campaign
against the party in the state.
"Congress is not worried about the agitation of Anna
Hazare or anyone else, and if Anna or his team comes to Uttar
Pradesh to campaign against it, the party is ready to face
them," Jaiswal told newspersons here.
"Congress looks ahead ... In the past also many people
have campaigned against it but what happened," Jaiswal said
adding that his is a democratic party which is not afraid
of any individual or agitation.
"Congress only thinks about the sentiments of the people
following which it has introduced a strong Lokpal Bill in
Parliament, which covers Prime Minister as well as employees
of group C and D and would try to get it passed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!