Four killed as ambulance catches fire after overturning in UP
Lucknow: Four persons, including two women were killed and another injured when an ambulance overturned before catching fire in Banthara area near here, police said on Sunday.
The mishap took place yesterday when the driver lost control over the ill-fated vehicle and it turned turtle. Later, it caught fire, leading to the death of four of its occupants, they said.
The deceased have been identified as patient Soni (31), her husband Pradeep Kumar (38), sister Moni (25) and driver Nasir Ali (25).
Meanwhile, Ashwani, who also sustained serious injuries in the incident, was admitted to hospital, where his condition was stated to be critical, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez