Kalyan hits out at Uma for being with BJP
Hardoi: Former UP chief minister Kalyan Singh Saturday hit out at Uma Bharti for being with the BJP, saying despite calling herself his daughter she was working with a party trying to "kill him politically."
"Uma calls herself as my `beti` (daugther) but it is an
irony that she is working with the BJP, which is trying to
kill me politically", the former Hindutva leader said
addressing an election meeting here.
"What type of `beti` is she, who is working against her
father. Either she wins or gets defeated (in elections in
Uttar Pradesh), BJP will send her to Madhya Pradesh again",
said Singh, who is now convenor of Jankranti Party, an outfit
floated by himself.
Taking a dig at Rahul Gandhi for promising to voters that
given a chance, Congress would change the face of Uttar
Pradesh, he said the young leader should first change
Raebareli and then talk about changing the state.
Criticizing Congress, SP, BJP and BSP, Singh said
leaders of these parties never did any development work while
in power but always remained busy filling their pockets with
funds allotted for development projects.
Singh said that he was not against the Muslims but
certainly wanted equal treatment for all castes and
communities in the interest of the nation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed