Kalyan hits out at Uma for being with BJP
Hardoi: Former UP chief minister Kalyan Singh Saturday hit out at Uma Bharti for being with the BJP, saying despite calling herself his daughter she was working with a party trying to "kill him politically."
"Uma calls herself as my `beti` (daugther) but it is an
irony that she is working with the BJP, which is trying to
kill me politically", the former Hindutva leader said
addressing an election meeting here.
"What type of `beti` is she, who is working against her
father. Either she wins or gets defeated (in elections in
Uttar Pradesh), BJP will send her to Madhya Pradesh again",
said Singh, who is now convenor of Jankranti Party, an outfit
floated by himself.
Taking a dig at Rahul Gandhi for promising to voters that
given a chance, Congress would change the face of Uttar
Pradesh, he said the young leader should first change
Raebareli and then talk about changing the state.
Criticizing Congress, SP, BJP and BSP, Singh said
leaders of these parties never did any development work while
in power but always remained busy filling their pockets with
funds allotted for development projects.
Singh said that he was not against the Muslims but
certainly wanted equal treatment for all castes and
communities in the interest of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30