Kalyan hits out at Uma for being with BJP
Hardoi: Former UP chief minister Kalyan Singh Saturday hit out at Uma Bharti for being with the BJP, saying despite calling herself his daughter she was working with a party trying to "kill him politically."
"Uma calls herself as my `beti` (daugther) but it is an
irony that she is working with the BJP, which is trying to
kill me politically", the former Hindutva leader said
addressing an election meeting here.
"What type of `beti` is she, who is working against her
father. Either she wins or gets defeated (in elections in
Uttar Pradesh), BJP will send her to Madhya Pradesh again",
said Singh, who is now convenor of Jankranti Party, an outfit
floated by himself.
Taking a dig at Rahul Gandhi for promising to voters that
given a chance, Congress would change the face of Uttar
Pradesh, he said the young leader should first change
Raebareli and then talk about changing the state.
Criticizing Congress, SP, BJP and BSP, Singh said
leaders of these parties never did any development work while
in power but always remained busy filling their pockets with
funds allotted for development projects.
Singh said that he was not against the Muslims but
certainly wanted equal treatment for all castes and
communities in the interest of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!