Rivers on rise as heavy rains lash Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With heavy rainfall lashing various parts of Uttar Pradesh during the past 24 hours, water level in major rivers including Ganga, Sharda and Ghaghra, continued to rise, putting the authorities on alert.
According to Central Water Commission report, Sharda was flowing above the danger mark in Palian Kala, which received 21.8 mm rainfall in the last 24 hours.
Ghaghra was flowing above danger mark at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki, and was near red mark at Ayodhya and Turtipar in Ballia district.
Kwano was flowing above red mark at Chandradeep Ghat in Gonda district which received 152 mm rainfall. The river was rising at Basti and Sant Kanir Nagar.
Ganga was rising at Gumtia (Kannauj), Ankinghat (Kanpur), Kanpur, Dalmau, Chatnaag, Mirzapur, Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia.
Birdghat in Gorakhpur received the maximum 335 mm of rainfall, followed by 332.2 mm in Uskabazar in Siddhath Nagar district, 210 mm in Bansi in Siddharth Nagar, 186.6 in Ringauli (Gorakhpur), 174.2 in Ayodhya, 136 in Balrampur, 124.7 in Sultanpur and 88.2 mm in Jaunpur district.
As per the report from relief commissioner`s office, 14 districts of the state have been affected by floods.
These, include 81 villages in Bijnor, 135 in Lakhimpur, 77 in Muzaffarnagar, 32 in Sitapur, 71 in Meerut, 10 in Bahraich, 22 in Aligarh, 75 in Farukkhabad, 18 in Rampur, 5 in Barabanki and 8 villages in Faizabad district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video