SP workers hold demonstration to protest farmers` arrest
Noida: Samajwadi Party workers today held
demonstration here, protesting the arrest of farmers in
Hundreds of SP workers led by Mahanagar president
Rakesh Yadav assembled outside Jaipuria Plaza in Sector 26 and
marched to City Magistrate office.
From there they proceeded to District Magistrate camp
office and courted arrest.
Yadav said that farmers were holding protest as
authority was not listening to their just demand of increase
in compensation for land acquisition.
Farmers, who have been holding a protest for over a
fortnight on the issue, had yesterday stopped the development
work at three sites in Greater Noida, demanding a hike in
compensation for land acquisition.
The district administration had arrested over two
hundred agitating farmers and sent them to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months