SP workers hold demonstration to protest farmers` arrest
Noida: Samajwadi Party workers today held
demonstration here, protesting the arrest of farmers in
Hundreds of SP workers led by Mahanagar president
Rakesh Yadav assembled outside Jaipuria Plaza in Sector 26 and
marched to City Magistrate office.
From there they proceeded to District Magistrate camp
office and courted arrest.
Yadav said that farmers were holding protest as
authority was not listening to their just demand of increase
in compensation for land acquisition.
Farmers, who have been holding a protest for over a
fortnight on the issue, had yesterday stopped the development
work at three sites in Greater Noida, demanding a hike in
compensation for land acquisition.
The district administration had arrested over two
hundred agitating farmers and sent them to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'