SP workers hold demonstration to protest farmers` arrest
Noida: Samajwadi Party workers today held
demonstration here, protesting the arrest of farmers in
Hundreds of SP workers led by Mahanagar president
Rakesh Yadav assembled outside Jaipuria Plaza in Sector 26 and
marched to City Magistrate office.
From there they proceeded to District Magistrate camp
office and courted arrest.
Yadav said that farmers were holding protest as
authority was not listening to their just demand of increase
in compensation for land acquisition.
Farmers, who have been holding a protest for over a
fortnight on the issue, had yesterday stopped the development
work at three sites in Greater Noida, demanding a hike in
compensation for land acquisition.
The district administration had arrested over two
hundred agitating farmers and sent them to jail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!