Badrinath temple to reopen on May 19
Dehra Dun: The portals of Badrinath temple,
situated in Garhwal Himalayas at an altitude of 3,133 metres,
would be reopened on May 19, a senior official said on Wednesday.
On the occasion of Basant Panchami, the date of reopening
of the temple was announced at Narendra Nagar palace by the
Raj Purohit in presence of Boland Badri Maharaja Manujendra
Shah, the official said.
"The Badrinath temple will be reopened on May 19 at 8.05
AM," said Surat Ram Nautiyal, Vice-Chairman of the Chardham
The portals of Badrinath shrine were closed for the
winter period on November 19 during which the idols of Lord
Badri, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, were carried to Narsimha
Mandir in Joshimath area for the wintry sojourn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi