Badrinath temple to reopen on May 19
Dehra Dun: The portals of Badrinath temple,
situated in Garhwal Himalayas at an altitude of 3,133 metres,
would be reopened on May 19, a senior official said on Wednesday.
On the occasion of Basant Panchami, the date of reopening
of the temple was announced at Narendra Nagar palace by the
Raj Purohit in presence of Boland Badri Maharaja Manujendra
Shah, the official said.
"The Badrinath temple will be reopened on May 19 at 8.05
AM," said Surat Ram Nautiyal, Vice-Chairman of the Chardham
The portals of Badrinath shrine were closed for the
winter period on November 19 during which the idols of Lord
Badri, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, were carried to Narsimha
Mandir in Joshimath area for the wintry sojourn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB