Badrinath temple to reopen on May 19
Dehra Dun: The portals of Badrinath temple,
situated in Garhwal Himalayas at an altitude of 3,133 metres,
would be reopened on May 19, a senior official said on Wednesday.
On the occasion of Basant Panchami, the date of reopening
of the temple was announced at Narendra Nagar palace by the
Raj Purohit in presence of Boland Badri Maharaja Manujendra
Shah, the official said.
"The Badrinath temple will be reopened on May 19 at 8.05
AM," said Surat Ram Nautiyal, Vice-Chairman of the Chardham
The portals of Badrinath shrine were closed for the
winter period on November 19 during which the idols of Lord
Badri, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, were carried to Narsimha
Mandir in Joshimath area for the wintry sojourn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed