Badrinath temple to reopen on May 19
Dehra Dun: The portals of Badrinath temple,
situated in Garhwal Himalayas at an altitude of 3,133 metres,
would be reopened on May 19, a senior official said on Wednesday.
On the occasion of Basant Panchami, the date of reopening
of the temple was announced at Narendra Nagar palace by the
Raj Purohit in presence of Boland Badri Maharaja Manujendra
Shah, the official said.
"The Badrinath temple will be reopened on May 19 at 8.05
AM," said Surat Ram Nautiyal, Vice-Chairman of the Chardham
The portals of Badrinath shrine were closed for the
winter period on November 19 during which the idols of Lord
Badri, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, were carried to Narsimha
Mandir in Joshimath area for the wintry sojourn.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive