Badrinath temple to reopen on May 19
Dehra Dun: The portals of Badrinath temple,
situated in Garhwal Himalayas at an altitude of 3,133 metres,
would be reopened on May 19, a senior official said on Wednesday.
On the occasion of Basant Panchami, the date of reopening
of the temple was announced at Narendra Nagar palace by the
Raj Purohit in presence of Boland Badri Maharaja Manujendra
Shah, the official said.
"The Badrinath temple will be reopened on May 19 at 8.05
AM," said Surat Ram Nautiyal, Vice-Chairman of the Chardham
The portals of Badrinath shrine were closed for the
winter period on November 19 during which the idols of Lord
Badri, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, were carried to Narsimha
Mandir in Joshimath area for the wintry sojourn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read