Body of Khadu’s pilot cremated
Dehra Doon: Body of 48-year-old Captain
Tejender Singh Mamik, who died in the chopper crash in
Arunachal Pradesh along with Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, was
cremated here on Saturday.
State media advisor Devendra Bhasin paid tributes to
the departed soul on behalf of Chief Minister Ramesh
Former Chief Minister Bhagat Singh Koshyari, local MLA
Dinesh Agrawal and Ganesh Joshi were among other eminent
personalities who attended the funeral.
Earlier, his body was brought to his Race Course
Capt Mamik, who was divorced, was living with his
three sisters - Charanjeet, Pinky and Renu here. Capt Mamik,
who hailed from Punjab, was a Lt Col in the Indian Army and
had taken voluntary retirement. He later joined Pawan Hans.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
had this week met Capt Mamik`s family members to offer his
condolences and also promised a compensation of Rs 2 lakh to
Mamik was killed along with four others when the
single-engine EuroCopter B8 of Pawan Hans, crashed in a place
between Kyela and Lugathang in the mountainous region of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'