Body of Khadu’s pilot cremated
Dehra Doon: Body of 48-year-old Captain
Tejender Singh Mamik, who died in the chopper crash in
Arunachal Pradesh along with Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, was
cremated here on Saturday.
State media advisor Devendra Bhasin paid tributes to
the departed soul on behalf of Chief Minister Ramesh
Former Chief Minister Bhagat Singh Koshyari, local MLA
Dinesh Agrawal and Ganesh Joshi were among other eminent
personalities who attended the funeral.
Earlier, his body was brought to his Race Course
Capt Mamik, who was divorced, was living with his
three sisters - Charanjeet, Pinky and Renu here. Capt Mamik,
who hailed from Punjab, was a Lt Col in the Indian Army and
had taken voluntary retirement. He later joined Pawan Hans.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
had this week met Capt Mamik`s family members to offer his
condolences and also promised a compensation of Rs 2 lakh to
Mamik was killed along with four others when the
single-engine EuroCopter B8 of Pawan Hans, crashed in a place
between Kyela and Lugathang in the mountainous region of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video