Body of Khadu’s pilot cremated
Dehra Doon: Body of 48-year-old Captain
Tejender Singh Mamik, who died in the chopper crash in
Arunachal Pradesh along with Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, was
cremated here on Saturday.
State media advisor Devendra Bhasin paid tributes to
the departed soul on behalf of Chief Minister Ramesh
Former Chief Minister Bhagat Singh Koshyari, local MLA
Dinesh Agrawal and Ganesh Joshi were among other eminent
personalities who attended the funeral.
Earlier, his body was brought to his Race Course
Capt Mamik, who was divorced, was living with his
three sisters - Charanjeet, Pinky and Renu here. Capt Mamik,
who hailed from Punjab, was a Lt Col in the Indian Army and
had taken voluntary retirement. He later joined Pawan Hans.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
had this week met Capt Mamik`s family members to offer his
condolences and also promised a compensation of Rs 2 lakh to
Mamik was killed along with four others when the
single-engine EuroCopter B8 of Pawan Hans, crashed in a place
between Kyela and Lugathang in the mountainous region of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why