Seer taken into custody for interrogation in Badrinath
Gopeshwar: A seer, living in the Badrinath area without valid permission, has been taken
into custody for interrogation, police said Thursday.
Baba Vikram Das, a native of Badvanda village of Khurdaroad district of Orissa, was taken into custody for interrogation yesterday for his alleged stay in the restricted area without legal permission, they said.
The Badrinath shrine, situated at a height of more than 10,000 feet in Garhwal Himalayas remains closed from Oct-Nov to Apr-May every year as the area remains snow-bound
during the winter period, they said.
Only security personnel and a few seers, with special permission from the administration, are allowed to stay, they added.
Senior officials from Chamoli district have reached Joshimath area to further interrogate the Sadhu on his stay without permission, the police said.
Meanwhile, the Uttarakhand police has been informed by its Orissa counterpart that the address given by Baba Vikram Das has been found correct and that he had gone missing from
his native village 13 years ago.
However, police said they would ensure that the seer is not involved in any illegal activity before releasing him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city