Alert in West Bengal after Maoist attack on train in Bihar
Kolkata: An alert was on Thursday sounded in West Bengal and security strengthened along the state`s border with Odisha and Jharkhand in view of the Maoist attack on the Intercity Express in adjoining Bihar.
State`s DGP N Mukherjee said that an alert was sounded across West Bengal and special security cover was thrown along the border with Odisha and Jharkhand.
He said that contacts were being maintained with the Railway Board.
Mukherjee said that SPs and district magistrates in junglemahal were asked to keep in touch with the state headquarters at Writers` Buildings.
Additional security arrangements were made in the Eastern and South Eastern Railway in the state.
An eastern railway spokesman said that additional escorts were being provided in eight long-distance trains, including Punjab Mail, Kathgodam Express and Muzaffarpur Fast Passenger, passing through Asansol division of the railway.
Security was also beefed at railway stations in the division.
A Southeastern Railway source said that security was also tightened in trains passing through junglemahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video