Buddhadeb Bhattacharya for industrialisation of Bengal
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee on Wednesday said the Left Front would continue to
focus on industrialisation by setting up more and more units
in the state.
"We had taken the initiative to set up industries. I had
tried my best. If we fail to create jobs, the state will head
for a dangerous situation. We will continue to focus on
industrialisation. We want more industries," he told an
election meeting here.
In an apparent dig at Trinamool Congress, he said the
people would not forgive those who were opposing it.
"Despite opposition, investments in the state did not
stop," he said.
Bhattacharjee said apart from industrialisation, the Front
would try to improve the rationing system to help the poor.
Turning to the LF`s achievement in agriculture sector, he
said very few states could be compared with West Bengal which
was in the forefront in production of rice, vegetables and
He said, "People have seen what we could do and what we
could not do. Bengal has not lagged behind. The people would
not have supported the LF had it failed."
Bhattacharjee said people would decide whether the state
would move forward or head for dangerous consequence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?