Buddhadeb Bhattacharya for industrialisation of Bengal
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee on Wednesday said the Left Front would continue to
focus on industrialisation by setting up more and more units
in the state.
"We had taken the initiative to set up industries. I had
tried my best. If we fail to create jobs, the state will head
for a dangerous situation. We will continue to focus on
industrialisation. We want more industries," he told an
election meeting here.
In an apparent dig at Trinamool Congress, he said the
people would not forgive those who were opposing it.
"Despite opposition, investments in the state did not
stop," he said.
Bhattacharjee said apart from industrialisation, the Front
would try to improve the rationing system to help the poor.
Turning to the LF`s achievement in agriculture sector, he
said very few states could be compared with West Bengal which
was in the forefront in production of rice, vegetables and
He said, "People have seen what we could do and what we
could not do. Bengal has not lagged behind. The people would
not have supported the LF had it failed."
Bhattacharjee said people would decide whether the state
would move forward or head for dangerous consequence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas