Buddhadeb Bhattacharya for industrialisation of Bengal
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee on Wednesday said the Left Front would continue to
focus on industrialisation by setting up more and more units
in the state.
"We had taken the initiative to set up industries. I had
tried my best. If we fail to create jobs, the state will head
for a dangerous situation. We will continue to focus on
industrialisation. We want more industries," he told an
election meeting here.
In an apparent dig at Trinamool Congress, he said the
people would not forgive those who were opposing it.
"Despite opposition, investments in the state did not
stop," he said.
Bhattacharjee said apart from industrialisation, the Front
would try to improve the rationing system to help the poor.
Turning to the LF`s achievement in agriculture sector, he
said very few states could be compared with West Bengal which
was in the forefront in production of rice, vegetables and
He said, "People have seen what we could do and what we
could not do. Bengal has not lagged behind. The people would
not have supported the LF had it failed."
Bhattacharjee said people would decide whether the state
would move forward or head for dangerous consequence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?