15 Syrian rebels die in battle for base: Activists
Beirut: Activists say at least 15 opposition fighters have been killed in a battle with Syrian government troops for a military helicopter base in the country`s north.
The Britain-based Observatory for Human Rights says fighting between rebels and President Bashar Assad`s troops is raging around the Mannagh base in the northern province of Aleppo.
The activist group says the government deployed fighter jets to the area yesterday, pounding rebel positions around the helicopter base, which is located near Syria`s border with Turkey.
The Observatory said today that at least 15 rebels have been killed in the fighting.
Rebels have repeatedly targeted Assad`s air bases around the country in their 2-year-old campaign to topple his regime. More than 70,000 people have been killed since the conflict started in March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA