330 migrants living in one Moscow apartment
Moscow: A Moscow district court has annulled the residency documents of 333 migrant workers who were registered as living at a single apartment in northern Moscow, according to the Prosecutor General`s Office.
The previous record for the number of registered residents was set by an unemployed Muscovite who registered 100 guest workers in his apartment. He was ultimately sentenced to five days in jail for the infraction.
Prosecutors established that the 333 migrants from Central Asia were registered to live in a 480-square-feet (44.7-square-metre) apartment belonging to a Moscow man.
A regional prosecutor`s office sent a petition to court, seeking action on what it saw as violation of migration regulations.
Migration is a contentious issue for Russians, with widespread disquiet in some sectors of society about the increasing numbers of foreign workers coming to Russia to live.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof