6-yr-old Muslim girl banned from riding bus for bullying boy over hijab abuse
Darwin: A six-year-old Muslim girl has been banned from the school bus because she dacked a boy (pulled down his pants in front of other students) after he repeatedly told her to take off her hijab.
Darwin firm Buslink sent a letter to Middle Point School at Fogg Dam stating that class one student Iran Ghavami would not be allowed to travel in the school bus for ten days for "bullying and harassment of other passengers".
Her Muslim father Karim Ghavami and non-Muslim mother Lorraine Gerassimopoulos were horrified when they pulled the letter out of their eldest daughter`s school bag last Friday.
"She is only six years old it is a bit harsh," Ms Gerassimopoulos told a newspaper.
"We would have preferred a warning so we could have sat down and talked about this incident but they are stopping her from going to school," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?