Assad smuggling Syria chemical weapons to Hezbollah, Russia?
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Beirut: Casting doubt on Syria’s commitment to US-Russia deal on handing over chemical weapons, a report has emerged saying Assad regime is transferring trucks of chemical weapons to Hezbollah in Lebanon and Russian warships in order to evade the international inspection.
Syrian opposition member Dr Kamal Labwani told Saudi newspaper Al Watan on Monday that Assad regime was gearing to protect its chemical arsenal by transporting it to Hezbollah-controlled mountain areas of Lebanon.
Syria has also moved considerable part of its chemical stockpile to Russian warships stationed off the coast of Syria, Labwani added.
Labwani’s comments were confirmed by a report in Lebanese daily Al-Mustaqbal according to which Syria has moved 20 trucks worth of equipment and material used for the manufacturing of chemical weapons into Iraq.
The allegations of Syria smuggling chemical weapons were imposed by Syrian rebels commander General Salim Idris who said that Assad had already deployed its chemical arms in Lebanon and Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan reunite for 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'! See pic
- WATCH: What a statement! When PM Narendra Modi blasted al-Qaida - 'Indian Muslims will live for India, die for India'