Assad smuggling Syria chemical weapons to Hezbollah, Russia?
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Beirut: Casting doubt on Syria’s commitment to US-Russia deal on handing over chemical weapons, a report has emerged saying Assad regime is transferring trucks of chemical weapons to Hezbollah in Lebanon and Russian warships in order to evade the international inspection.
Syrian opposition member Dr Kamal Labwani told Saudi newspaper Al Watan on Monday that Assad regime was gearing to protect its chemical arsenal by transporting it to Hezbollah-controlled mountain areas of Lebanon.
Syria has also moved considerable part of its chemical stockpile to Russian warships stationed off the coast of Syria, Labwani added.
Labwani’s comments were confirmed by a report in Lebanese daily Al-Mustaqbal according to which Syria has moved 20 trucks worth of equipment and material used for the manufacturing of chemical weapons into Iraq.
The allegations of Syria smuggling chemical weapons were imposed by Syrian rebels commander General Salim Idris who said that Assad had already deployed its chemical arms in Lebanon and Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray