Best-selling author Elmore Leonard dies at 87
Detroit: Elmore Leonard, a former adman who later became one of America`s foremost crime writers, has died. He was 87.
His researcher, Gregg Sutter, says Elmore died today morning from complications from a stroke. Leonard`s books were populated by pathetic schemers, clever con men and casual killers. Many of the novels notably "Out of Sight," "Get Shorty" and "Be Cool" were made into films. Critics adored his simple, direct language.
More recently, he served as executive producer of the FX drama "Justified," which featured US Marshal Raylan Givens, a recurring Leonard character.
Earlier in his career, the man known to friends as "Dutch" wrote Western novels and stories, but his major commercial success didn`t come until the 1980s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal