Best-selling author Elmore Leonard dies at 87
Detroit: Elmore Leonard, a former adman who later became one of America`s foremost crime writers, has died. He was 87.
His researcher, Gregg Sutter, says Elmore died today morning from complications from a stroke. Leonard`s books were populated by pathetic schemers, clever con men and casual killers. Many of the novels notably "Out of Sight," "Get Shorty" and "Be Cool" were made into films. Critics adored his simple, direct language.
More recently, he served as executive producer of the FX drama "Justified," which featured US Marshal Raylan Givens, a recurring Leonard character.
Earlier in his career, the man known to friends as "Dutch" wrote Western novels and stories, but his major commercial success didn`t come until the 1980s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption