Best-selling author Elmore Leonard dies at 87
Detroit: Elmore Leonard, a former adman who later became one of America`s foremost crime writers, has died. He was 87.
His researcher, Gregg Sutter, says Elmore died today morning from complications from a stroke. Leonard`s books were populated by pathetic schemers, clever con men and casual killers. Many of the novels notably "Out of Sight," "Get Shorty" and "Be Cool" were made into films. Critics adored his simple, direct language.
More recently, he served as executive producer of the FX drama "Justified," which featured US Marshal Raylan Givens, a recurring Leonard character.
Earlier in his career, the man known to friends as "Dutch" wrote Western novels and stories, but his major commercial success didn`t come until the 1980s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor