Boston bomber `tried to brainwash girlfriend into becoming Muslim fanatic`
London: An ex-girlfriend of deceased Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev has told how he tried to brainwash her into becoming a Muslim fanatic who hated America.
Nadine Ascencao, 24, said Tamerlan made her wear an Islamic hijab and pray to Allah and slapped her when she wore Western clothes.
According to the Sun, but she was so blindly in love with him, she did her utmost to make him happy.
Tamerlan, 26, who with his 19-year-old brother Dzhokhar killed three people and injured 260 after they planted two bombs at the Boston marathon.
During their three-year relationship she watched him change from a cannabis-smoking, party-loving teenager into a violent extremist.
The couple even stopped having sex after he said it was wrong because they were not married, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH