China: Plane makes emergency after terror threat
Beijing: A Chinese passenger plane flying from Turkey to China`s restive Xinjiang region Monday made an emergency landing in northwest Gansu province following an anonymous terrorist threat, state media reported.
The China Southern Airlines plane travelling from Istanbul to Beijing via Urumqi, made a forced landing in Gansu`s Zhongchuan Airport hours after it took off from Urumqi, capital of northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The plane landed in Gansu at around 5:30 pm (local time), the report said, adding all people onboard were evacuated.
Officials with the local public security department are probing the incident.
Xinjiang has witnessed several incidents to hijack planes including attempts to break into cockpit using crutches.
Few planes in the recent past received terrorist threats but all of them proved false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30