China: Plane makes emergency after terror threat
Beijing: A Chinese passenger plane flying from Turkey to China`s restive Xinjiang region Monday made an emergency landing in northwest Gansu province following an anonymous terrorist threat, state media reported.
The China Southern Airlines plane travelling from Istanbul to Beijing via Urumqi, made a forced landing in Gansu`s Zhongchuan Airport hours after it took off from Urumqi, capital of northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The plane landed in Gansu at around 5:30 pm (local time), the report said, adding all people onboard were evacuated.
Officials with the local public security department are probing the incident.
Xinjiang has witnessed several incidents to hijack planes including attempts to break into cockpit using crutches.
Few planes in the recent past received terrorist threats but all of them proved false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?