China: Plane makes emergency after terror threat
Beijing: A Chinese passenger plane flying from Turkey to China`s restive Xinjiang region Monday made an emergency landing in northwest Gansu province following an anonymous terrorist threat, state media reported.
The China Southern Airlines plane travelling from Istanbul to Beijing via Urumqi, made a forced landing in Gansu`s Zhongchuan Airport hours after it took off from Urumqi, capital of northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The plane landed in Gansu at around 5:30 pm (local time), the report said, adding all people onboard were evacuated.
Officials with the local public security department are probing the incident.
Xinjiang has witnessed several incidents to hijack planes including attempts to break into cockpit using crutches.
Few planes in the recent past received terrorist threats but all of them proved false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!