China: Plane makes emergency after terror threat
Beijing: A Chinese passenger plane flying from Turkey to China`s restive Xinjiang region Monday made an emergency landing in northwest Gansu province following an anonymous terrorist threat, state media reported.
The China Southern Airlines plane travelling from Istanbul to Beijing via Urumqi, made a forced landing in Gansu`s Zhongchuan Airport hours after it took off from Urumqi, capital of northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The plane landed in Gansu at around 5:30 pm (local time), the report said, adding all people onboard were evacuated.
Officials with the local public security department are probing the incident.
Xinjiang has witnessed several incidents to hijack planes including attempts to break into cockpit using crutches.
Few planes in the recent past received terrorist threats but all of them proved false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says