China: Plane makes emergency after terror threat
Beijing: A Chinese passenger plane flying from Turkey to China`s restive Xinjiang region Monday made an emergency landing in northwest Gansu province following an anonymous terrorist threat, state media reported.
The China Southern Airlines plane travelling from Istanbul to Beijing via Urumqi, made a forced landing in Gansu`s Zhongchuan Airport hours after it took off from Urumqi, capital of northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The plane landed in Gansu at around 5:30 pm (local time), the report said, adding all people onboard were evacuated.
Officials with the local public security department are probing the incident.
Xinjiang has witnessed several incidents to hijack planes including attempts to break into cockpit using crutches.
Few planes in the recent past received terrorist threats but all of them proved false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP