China publishes anthology of Mao`s thoughts
Beijing: China has published a collection of commentaries by the country`s founder Mao Zedong on a wide variety of subjects including Chinese emperors, historical figures and literary works.
The new collection titled `Twenty-Four Histories` released yesterday records photo-print versions of Mao`s annotations and comments on books, as well as historical remarks from letters, speeches, private conversations and his annotations on other ancient works, the China`s Central Archives said.
Mao`s analysis on ancient Chinese emperors, historical figures, academic classics and literary works is also published in the collection, which has a total of 91 volumes.
"Mao`s annotations and comments on the book were precious spiritual fortunes that he left for later generations, and they have provided good study and research materials for scholars," state-run Xinhua quoted Yang Dongquan, curator of the archives as saying.
Though much of his hard-line Marxist ideology has been diluted by three decades of reforms, Mao continues to be revered by the ruling Communist Party of China, (CPC) as was the founder leader of the country.
The `Twenty-Four Histories,` 470-million-word biographical records of China up to the Ming Dynasty (1644-1911), was translated from classical language to modern Chinese in 2004.
The latest edition, with more than 600 million Chinese characters, is the first complete translation of the "Twenty-Four Histories" into modern Chinese, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened