China, Russia pledge closer security ties ahead of
Beijing: Ahead of the key BRICS security meet in New Delhi tomorrow, China and Russia on Wednesday pledged to deepen security cooperation and make new contributions to their comprehensive strategic partnership.
China`s State Councilor Dai Bingguo, who would be attending the two-day BRICS senior representatives on security issues, held talks with Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev here.
They held in-depth discussions on China-Russia relations, as well as the current international and regional situation, according a statement issued for the 8th China-Russia strategic security consultation.
"Both countries should maintain frequent high-level interactions and deepen pragmatic cooperation," the statement said, according to state-run Xinhua news agency.
The two sides pledged to support each other`s efforts to pursue development in accordance with respective domestic situations and to properly handle domestic affairs. Both sides will support each other`s efforts to safeguard sovereignty, security and development interests, the report said.
Both countries should strengthen strategic coordination on major international and regional issues, uphold the principles of equity and justice, safeguard mutual interests and maintain close communication, coordination and cooperation, it said.
Both sides also pledged to further improve the China-Russia strategic security consultation mechanism and make new contributions to the comprehensive strategic partnership between the two countries, the report said.
BRICS security officials meeting would focus on security implications of the global financial and economic crisis.
The BRICS nations refer to Brazil, Russia India, China and South Africa. The grouping accounts for almost half of the world`s population.
Dai is also China`s longest-serving chief negotiator for the vexed boundary dispute with India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday