China, Saudi Arabia pledge to promote exchanges
Beijing: China and Saudi Arabia have pledged to work together to promote world peace and expand cooperation as Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao paid an official visit to the kingdom, the first by a Prime Minister in 20 years.
Both countries have treated each other as equals with respect, and their cooperation has been fruitful since the establishment of diplomatic ties 22 years ago, Xinhua quoted Wen as telling Saudi Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
He said on Saturday that in recent years, despite the fact that international and regional situations became complicated and volatile, the two countries strengthened high-level exchanges and promoted mutual trust.
He said the two sides should expand trade of crude oil and natural gas.
The Chinese government encourages companies in the country to take part in Saudi infrastructure construction ventures like railways, sea ports, electricity and telecommunications, he said.
The two nations could also enhance security and law enforcement cooperation, and promote people-to-people exchanges in education and sports.
Nayef said Saudi Arabia was willing to boost political mutual trust with China, expand cooperation in economy and trade, energy, infrastructure, culture, press, and security, promote friendship between the two peoples, and lift bilateral ties to a higher level.
Wen arrived in the country on Saturday evening after a brief visit to Nepal on the same day. The Premier is also expected to meet King Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM