China, Saudi Arabia pledge to promote exchanges
Beijing: China and Saudi Arabia have pledged to work together to promote world peace and expand cooperation as Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao paid an official visit to the kingdom, the first by a Prime Minister in 20 years.
Both countries have treated each other as equals with respect, and their cooperation has been fruitful since the establishment of diplomatic ties 22 years ago, Xinhua quoted Wen as telling Saudi Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
He said on Saturday that in recent years, despite the fact that international and regional situations became complicated and volatile, the two countries strengthened high-level exchanges and promoted mutual trust.
He said the two sides should expand trade of crude oil and natural gas.
The Chinese government encourages companies in the country to take part in Saudi infrastructure construction ventures like railways, sea ports, electricity and telecommunications, he said.
The two nations could also enhance security and law enforcement cooperation, and promote people-to-people exchanges in education and sports.
Nayef said Saudi Arabia was willing to boost political mutual trust with China, expand cooperation in economy and trade, energy, infrastructure, culture, press, and security, promote friendship between the two peoples, and lift bilateral ties to a higher level.
Wen arrived in the country on Saturday evening after a brief visit to Nepal on the same day. The Premier is also expected to meet King Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug