China says new jet not copied from US
Beijing: China has rejected reports that its new aircraft carrier-borne fighter jet J-15 was copied from US technology.
Defence ministry spokesman Geng Yansheng said China had stuck to independent innovation and had the capacity to build and develop its own aircraft carrier.
"The assertion that China copied a foreign country`s aircraft carrier technology is unprofessional, if not an intentional attack," he was quoted as saying by the Global Times Friday.
China successfully conducted its first landing of a J-15 on its aircraft carrier, Liaoning, Nov 24.
The spokesman said a "very transparent attitude was taken amid the landing exercises", and that China released the news in a timely manner.
China wants to become a maritime power to enhance its capacity to exploit marine resources, develop marine economy, safeguard the country`s maritime rights and interests, and ensure a sustainable economic and social development, Geng said.
"China`s stance of safeguarding the country`s legitimate sovereign rights and interests should not be regarded as a hardline approach."
The J-15 has a range of about 3,000 km without refuelling and strong sea-air combat capability. It can carry multiple types of long-range anti-ship and air-to-air missiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp