China tests Beijing-Shanghai bullet train
Beijing: China`s bullet train builders have conducted a test run of their showcase Beijing-to-Shanghai line amid controversy over the system`s high cost.
A train carrying Railway Ministry officials, managers of the companies that built the line and hundreds of reporters left Beijing on Monday morning for a five-hour trip. That is about half as long as conventional rail.
The train linking China`s capital and its main business centre is part of a planned nationwide high-speed network with speeds of up to 190 mph (330 kph).
The government has reduced the speed and ticket prices of the national system following complaints it is too expensive and dangerously fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!