China tests Beijing-Shanghai bullet train
Beijing: China`s bullet train builders have conducted a test run of their showcase Beijing-to-Shanghai line amid controversy over the system`s high cost.
A train carrying Railway Ministry officials, managers of the companies that built the line and hundreds of reporters left Beijing on Monday morning for a five-hour trip. That is about half as long as conventional rail.
The train linking China`s capital and its main business centre is part of a planned nationwide high-speed network with speeds of up to 190 mph (330 kph).
The government has reduced the speed and ticket prices of the national system following complaints it is too expensive and dangerously fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site