China tests Beijing-Shanghai bullet train
Beijing: China`s bullet train builders have conducted a test run of their showcase Beijing-to-Shanghai line amid controversy over the system`s high cost.
A train carrying Railway Ministry officials, managers of the companies that built the line and hundreds of reporters left Beijing on Monday morning for a five-hour trip. That is about half as long as conventional rail.
The train linking China`s capital and its main business centre is part of a planned nationwide high-speed network with speeds of up to 190 mph (330 kph).
The government has reduced the speed and ticket prices of the national system following complaints it is too expensive and dangerously fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state