Chinese man sentenced to death for child molestation
Beijing: A man dubbed as `sex offender` in China was today sentenced to death for raping and molesting minor girls between 2008 and 2012.
Zhang Qinghai, a coal mine worker, was found guilty of raping two girls, aged seven and nine, a court in east China`s Anhui province said while pronouncing the sentence with a two-year reprieve.
Zhang was also guilty of molesting four other girls, the youngest of whom was five years old.
The court said the `sex offender` also took many nude pictures of the girls. Zhang committed the offences between 2008 and 2012, the court said.
He lured the girls on the pretext of buying them soda or pencils and committed the crime after taking them to obscure alleys, the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees