Chinese man sentenced to death for child molestation
Beijing: A man dubbed as `sex offender` in China was today sentenced to death for raping and molesting minor girls between 2008 and 2012.
Zhang Qinghai, a coal mine worker, was found guilty of raping two girls, aged seven and nine, a court in east China`s Anhui province said while pronouncing the sentence with a two-year reprieve.
Zhang was also guilty of molesting four other girls, the youngest of whom was five years old.
The court said the `sex offender` also took many nude pictures of the girls. Zhang committed the offences between 2008 and 2012, the court said.
He lured the girls on the pretext of buying them soda or pencils and committed the crime after taking them to obscure alleys, the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years