Chinese Navy warships conduct drills in Pacific
Beijing: Two warships of China`s Nanhai Fleet have conducted open-sea offence and defence drills in the western Pacific Ocean.
The Lanzhou and Hengshui warships of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy staged drills that simulated multiple complex situations on the sea and tested the offensive and defensive capabilities, as well as coordination of different weaponry, Xinhua reported.
The two-warship fleet will also conduct training in rights protection and replenishment.
Fleet commander Zhao Xiaogang said the drills aimed to explore ways of organising open-sea exercise in complex sea areas, and enhance the Navy`s defence capabilities and combat effectiveness based on the information system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video