Chinese Navy warships conduct drills in Pacific
Beijing: Two warships of China`s Nanhai Fleet have conducted open-sea offence and defence drills in the western Pacific Ocean.
The Lanzhou and Hengshui warships of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy staged drills that simulated multiple complex situations on the sea and tested the offensive and defensive capabilities, as well as coordination of different weaponry, Xinhua reported.
The two-warship fleet will also conduct training in rights protection and replenishment.
Fleet commander Zhao Xiaogang said the drills aimed to explore ways of organising open-sea exercise in complex sea areas, and enhance the Navy`s defence capabilities and combat effectiveness based on the information system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey