Clashes near Libya`s Tunisia border: Militias
Tripoli: Residents of two rival Libyan towns near the western border with Tunisia say that clashes have erupted between their militias.
The battle between Ragdalein and Zwara is the latest in a series of local conflicts that demonstrate the weak authority of Libya`s new government.
Spokesman for Ragdalein fighters Rami Kanaan says they captured 34 Zwara men on Sunday. He says the move came after months of abuses by a Zwara brigade, including the looting of property.
Zwara local council head Abo-Bakr Taloa says 21 of his men were captured. He says that Ragdalein was a hub for deposed dictator Muammar Gaddafi`s loyalists.
The conflict escalated into battles involving automatic rifles and tanks, according to both sides. There was no immediate word on casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez