Clashes near Libya`s Tunisia border: Militias
Tripoli: Residents of two rival Libyan towns near the western border with Tunisia say that clashes have erupted between their militias.
The battle between Ragdalein and Zwara is the latest in a series of local conflicts that demonstrate the weak authority of Libya`s new government.
Spokesman for Ragdalein fighters Rami Kanaan says they captured 34 Zwara men on Sunday. He says the move came after months of abuses by a Zwara brigade, including the looting of property.
Zwara local council head Abo-Bakr Taloa says 21 of his men were captured. He says that Ragdalein was a hub for deposed dictator Muammar Gaddafi`s loyalists.
The conflict escalated into battles involving automatic rifles and tanks, according to both sides. There was no immediate word on casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali