Clashes near Libya`s Tunisia border: Militias
Tripoli: Residents of two rival Libyan towns near the western border with Tunisia say that clashes have erupted between their militias.
The battle between Ragdalein and Zwara is the latest in a series of local conflicts that demonstrate the weak authority of Libya`s new government.
Spokesman for Ragdalein fighters Rami Kanaan says they captured 34 Zwara men on Sunday. He says the move came after months of abuses by a Zwara brigade, including the looting of property.
Zwara local council head Abo-Bakr Taloa says 21 of his men were captured. He says that Ragdalein was a hub for deposed dictator Muammar Gaddafi`s loyalists.
The conflict escalated into battles involving automatic rifles and tanks, according to both sides. There was no immediate word on casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview