Clashes near Libya`s Tunisia border: Militias
Tripoli: Residents of two rival Libyan towns near the western border with Tunisia say that clashes have erupted between their militias.
The battle between Ragdalein and Zwara is the latest in a series of local conflicts that demonstrate the weak authority of Libya`s new government.
Spokesman for Ragdalein fighters Rami Kanaan says they captured 34 Zwara men on Sunday. He says the move came after months of abuses by a Zwara brigade, including the looting of property.
Zwara local council head Abo-Bakr Taloa says 21 of his men were captured. He says that Ragdalein was a hub for deposed dictator Muammar Gaddafi`s loyalists.
The conflict escalated into battles involving automatic rifles and tanks, according to both sides. There was no immediate word on casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to hold DG-level talks in Islamabad next week
- Colossal buzz! Karan Johar mighty impressed with Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo'- See teaser poster
- India, US solar case: WTO appellate body's ruling in mid-Sept
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer
- IMF flags decelerating pace of reforms in India; lists six areas for further reforms