Crocodile swallows Indonesian girl
Kupang: A wild crocodile
swallowed a 10-year-old girl while she played in a river with
her father in eastern Indonesia, the second death in the same
place in two months, a local official said today.
The girl was swimming in Wailolong river yesterday when
the large crocodile suddenly appeared, swallowed her instantly
and disappeared into the water, said Viktor Mado Waton,
Lembata district head in East Nusa Tenggara province.
"They only found the girl`s clothes three hours after the
incident, some 200 metres away from the attack site," he said,
adding that her family members were still trying to find the
"Her father saw this shocking scene as he was only five
metres away in the water."
He said the father and the girl`s teenage brother were
hunting turtles in the river while she was playing.
A 12-year-old boy was killed and eaten by a crocodile in
the same river in early December when he was playing with his
friends, Waton said.
The district head said he has warned locals of the danger
and he will work with police to shut the area off to prevent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal