Crocodile swallows Indonesian girl
Kupang: A wild crocodile
swallowed a 10-year-old girl while she played in a river with
her father in eastern Indonesia, the second death in the same
place in two months, a local official said today.
The girl was swimming in Wailolong river yesterday when
the large crocodile suddenly appeared, swallowed her instantly
and disappeared into the water, said Viktor Mado Waton,
Lembata district head in East Nusa Tenggara province.
"They only found the girl`s clothes three hours after the
incident, some 200 metres away from the attack site," he said,
adding that her family members were still trying to find the
"Her father saw this shocking scene as he was only five
metres away in the water."
He said the father and the girl`s teenage brother were
hunting turtles in the river while she was playing.
A 12-year-old boy was killed and eaten by a crocodile in
the same river in early December when he was playing with his
friends, Waton said.
The district head said he has warned locals of the danger
and he will work with police to shut the area off to prevent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured