Crocodile swallows Indonesian girl
Kupang: A wild crocodile
swallowed a 10-year-old girl while she played in a river with
her father in eastern Indonesia, the second death in the same
place in two months, a local official said today.
The girl was swimming in Wailolong river yesterday when
the large crocodile suddenly appeared, swallowed her instantly
and disappeared into the water, said Viktor Mado Waton,
Lembata district head in East Nusa Tenggara province.
"They only found the girl`s clothes three hours after the
incident, some 200 metres away from the attack site," he said,
adding that her family members were still trying to find the
"Her father saw this shocking scene as he was only five
metres away in the water."
He said the father and the girl`s teenage brother were
hunting turtles in the river while she was playing.
A 12-year-old boy was killed and eaten by a crocodile in
the same river in early December when he was playing with his
friends, Waton said.
The district head said he has warned locals of the danger
and he will work with police to shut the area off to prevent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists