Crocodile swallows Indonesian girl
Kupang: A wild crocodile
swallowed a 10-year-old girl while she played in a river with
her father in eastern Indonesia, the second death in the same
place in two months, a local official said today.
The girl was swimming in Wailolong river yesterday when
the large crocodile suddenly appeared, swallowed her instantly
and disappeared into the water, said Viktor Mado Waton,
Lembata district head in East Nusa Tenggara province.
"They only found the girl`s clothes three hours after the
incident, some 200 metres away from the attack site," he said,
adding that her family members were still trying to find the
"Her father saw this shocking scene as he was only five
metres away in the water."
He said the father and the girl`s teenage brother were
hunting turtles in the river while she was playing.
A 12-year-old boy was killed and eaten by a crocodile in
the same river in early December when he was playing with his
friends, Waton said.
The district head said he has warned locals of the danger
and he will work with police to shut the area off to prevent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city