Ear-slicing Bulgarian to be deported from Britain
London: A gangster known as the "Butcher of Bulgaria" for slicing off people`s ears and fingers will be deported from Britain to serve 18 years in jail for murder.
Tihomir Georgiev, 44, had pleaded to stay in Britain under the Human Rights Act, and claimed he would not get a fair trial in Bulgaria, The Sun reported.
He said he would be treated badly by police in custody, and that prisons in Bulgaria were "degrading".
But the judge at London`s Westminster magistrate`s court ruled that he would be extradited.
Georgiev was arrested in January after being traced to a boxing gym in Bermondsey in south London.
He fled Bulgaria last year after being linked to eight killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!