Ear-slicing Bulgarian to be deported from Britain
London: A gangster known as the "Butcher of Bulgaria" for slicing off people`s ears and fingers will be deported from Britain to serve 18 years in jail for murder.
Tihomir Georgiev, 44, had pleaded to stay in Britain under the Human Rights Act, and claimed he would not get a fair trial in Bulgaria, The Sun reported.
He said he would be treated badly by police in custody, and that prisons in Bulgaria were "degrading".
But the judge at London`s Westminster magistrate`s court ruled that he would be extradited.
Georgiev was arrested in January after being traced to a boxing gym in Bermondsey in south London.
He fled Bulgaria last year after being linked to eight killings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket