Earthquakes jolt northwest China
Beijing: A series of earthquakes measuring
3.1 to 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted northwest China`s
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Sunday, but there were no
reports of damage or injuries.
An earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted
Hoxud County of Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin
in Xinjiang region at 2:20 pm Beijing Time, according to the
China Earthquake Networks Center.
The epicenter, with a depth of seven km, was monitored at
about 42.1 degrees north latitude and 87.5 degrees east
longitude, the center said in a statement.
The epicenter is about 188 km southwest to the regional
capital of Urumqi.
A magnitude 3.6 earthquake, with a depth of eight km,
struck the same point six minutes later, Xinhua news agency
quoted a separate report from the center as saying.
Earlier in the day, the center recorded another 3.1-
magnitude earthquake which jolted the nearby Turpan prefecture
at 7:10 am, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video