Earthquakes jolt northwest China
Beijing: A series of earthquakes measuring
3.1 to 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted northwest China`s
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Sunday, but there were no
reports of damage or injuries.
An earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted
Hoxud County of Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin
in Xinjiang region at 2:20 pm Beijing Time, according to the
China Earthquake Networks Center.
The epicenter, with a depth of seven km, was monitored at
about 42.1 degrees north latitude and 87.5 degrees east
longitude, the center said in a statement.
The epicenter is about 188 km southwest to the regional
capital of Urumqi.
A magnitude 3.6 earthquake, with a depth of eight km,
struck the same point six minutes later, Xinhua news agency
quoted a separate report from the center as saying.
Earlier in the day, the center recorded another 3.1-
magnitude earthquake which jolted the nearby Turpan prefecture
at 7:10 am, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS