Earthquakes jolt northwest China
Beijing: A series of earthquakes measuring
3.1 to 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted northwest China`s
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Sunday, but there were no
reports of damage or injuries.
An earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted
Hoxud County of Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin
in Xinjiang region at 2:20 pm Beijing Time, according to the
China Earthquake Networks Center.
The epicenter, with a depth of seven km, was monitored at
about 42.1 degrees north latitude and 87.5 degrees east
longitude, the center said in a statement.
The epicenter is about 188 km southwest to the regional
capital of Urumqi.
A magnitude 3.6 earthquake, with a depth of eight km,
struck the same point six minutes later, Xinhua news agency
quoted a separate report from the center as saying.
Earlier in the day, the center recorded another 3.1-
magnitude earthquake which jolted the nearby Turpan prefecture
at 7:10 am, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!