Earthquakes jolt northwest China
Beijing: A series of earthquakes measuring
3.1 to 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted northwest China`s
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Sunday, but there were no
reports of damage or injuries.
An earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted
Hoxud County of Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin
in Xinjiang region at 2:20 pm Beijing Time, according to the
China Earthquake Networks Center.
The epicenter, with a depth of seven km, was monitored at
about 42.1 degrees north latitude and 87.5 degrees east
longitude, the center said in a statement.
The epicenter is about 188 km southwest to the regional
capital of Urumqi.
A magnitude 3.6 earthquake, with a depth of eight km,
struck the same point six minutes later, Xinhua news agency
quoted a separate report from the center as saying.
Earlier in the day, the center recorded another 3.1-
magnitude earthquake which jolted the nearby Turpan prefecture
at 7:10 am, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February