Fire in Turkish mine delays rescue work, death toll rises to 299
Soma: A fire broke out on Saturday in part of a mine where nearly 300 miners were killed in Turkey`s worst ever industrial disaster, hindering efforts to find up to three remaining workers believed to be still underground, the country`s Energy Minister said.
Taner Yildiz told reporters the bodies of 15 miners were retrieved overnight, bringing the death to 299, and as many as three workers were still in the mine.
They were unlikey to be alive, four days after an initial fire sent deadly carbon monoxide coursing through the mine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sri Lanka cricket board files complaint on Muttiah Muralitharan following training ground bust-up
- Why are Dalits asking permission from CM Shivraj Chouhan to end their lives? – Read
- CBDT issues draft norms for taxing buy back of unlisted shares
- Missing AN-32: Thorough probe will be conducted, says IAF chief
- Sovereign Gold Bond: NSE gets bids worth Rs 106 crore