Gunmen attack west Ivory Coast village, two killed
Abidjan: An Ivory Coast military spokesman says gunmen attacked a village in the country`s west, setting it ablaze and killing at least two people.
Kouassi Kakao, chief of communications for the military chief of staff, said casualty information on the attack in Petit Guiglo, located 25 kilometers southwest of Blolequin, was still preliminary. He said he could not specify whether the two fatalities were civilians, soldiers or assailants.
The attack is the third in less than two weeks in Ivory Coast`s western region, where some of the worst atrocities were committed during the country`s 2010-11 postelection conflict.
An internal security notice from the United Nations peacekeeping mission said the attack began at 6 am and ended around noon today, and that casualty totals were still unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog