Gunmen attack west Ivory Coast village, two killed
Abidjan: An Ivory Coast military spokesman says gunmen attacked a village in the country`s west, setting it ablaze and killing at least two people.
Kouassi Kakao, chief of communications for the military chief of staff, said casualty information on the attack in Petit Guiglo, located 25 kilometers southwest of Blolequin, was still preliminary. He said he could not specify whether the two fatalities were civilians, soldiers or assailants.
The attack is the third in less than two weeks in Ivory Coast`s western region, where some of the worst atrocities were committed during the country`s 2010-11 postelection conflict.
An internal security notice from the United Nations peacekeeping mission said the attack began at 6 am and ended around noon today, and that casualty totals were still unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look