Gunmen attack west Ivory Coast village, two killed
Abidjan: An Ivory Coast military spokesman says gunmen attacked a village in the country`s west, setting it ablaze and killing at least two people.
Kouassi Kakao, chief of communications for the military chief of staff, said casualty information on the attack in Petit Guiglo, located 25 kilometers southwest of Blolequin, was still preliminary. He said he could not specify whether the two fatalities were civilians, soldiers or assailants.
The attack is the third in less than two weeks in Ivory Coast`s western region, where some of the worst atrocities were committed during the country`s 2010-11 postelection conflict.
An internal security notice from the United Nations peacekeeping mission said the attack began at 6 am and ended around noon today, and that casualty totals were still unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement