Gunmen attack west Ivory Coast village, two killed
Abidjan: An Ivory Coast military spokesman says gunmen attacked a village in the country`s west, setting it ablaze and killing at least two people.
Kouassi Kakao, chief of communications for the military chief of staff, said casualty information on the attack in Petit Guiglo, located 25 kilometers southwest of Blolequin, was still preliminary. He said he could not specify whether the two fatalities were civilians, soldiers or assailants.
The attack is the third in less than two weeks in Ivory Coast`s western region, where some of the worst atrocities were committed during the country`s 2010-11 postelection conflict.
An internal security notice from the United Nations peacekeeping mission said the attack began at 6 am and ended around noon today, and that casualty totals were still unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?