Gunmen attack west Ivory Coast village, two killed
Abidjan: An Ivory Coast military spokesman says gunmen attacked a village in the country`s west, setting it ablaze and killing at least two people.
Kouassi Kakao, chief of communications for the military chief of staff, said casualty information on the attack in Petit Guiglo, located 25 kilometers southwest of Blolequin, was still preliminary. He said he could not specify whether the two fatalities were civilians, soldiers or assailants.
The attack is the third in less than two weeks in Ivory Coast`s western region, where some of the worst atrocities were committed during the country`s 2010-11 postelection conflict.
An internal security notice from the United Nations peacekeeping mission said the attack began at 6 am and ended around noon today, and that casualty totals were still unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it