Hezbollah admits sending drone over Israel
Beirut: After Israel accused Hezbollah of drone launch, the Lebanese militant group on Thursday admitted it was behind the act.
Hezbollah’s leader Hassan Nasralla today claimed responsibility for launching the drone aircraft that entered Israeli airspace earlier this week.
The unmanned aircraft was shot down by Israel, but the infiltration marked a rare breach of Israel`s airspace.
The rare admission by Hezbollah may heighten regional tensions at a sensitive time when the group`s backers, Syria and Iran, are under pressure.
Hezbollah was already being suspected to be behind the drone act because of its arsenal of sophisticated Iranian weapons and a history of trying to deploy similar aircraft.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!