Hezbollah admits sending drone over Israel
Beirut: After Israel accused Hezbollah of drone launch, the Lebanese militant group on Thursday admitted it was behind the act.
Hezbollah’s leader Hassan Nasralla today claimed responsibility for launching the drone aircraft that entered Israeli airspace earlier this week.
The unmanned aircraft was shot down by Israel, but the infiltration marked a rare breach of Israel`s airspace.
The rare admission by Hezbollah may heighten regional tensions at a sensitive time when the group`s backers, Syria and Iran, are under pressure.
Hezbollah was already being suspected to be behind the drone act because of its arsenal of sophisticated Iranian weapons and a history of trying to deploy similar aircraft.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves