Israeli attack opens door to all eventualities: Syria
Damascus: The Israeli attack against positions of the Syrian army earlier in the day "opens the door widely before all eventualities", the Syrian government said on Sunday.
While branding the attack targeting the Syrian army with rockets as "flagrant", the statement did not overtly speak of any possible responses to the attack, Xinhua reported.
The comments came in a statement read out by Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi after an emergency cabinet meeting.
"Syria is a state that does not waver and does not accept humiliation and will not accept its sovereignty to be infringed upon either at home or abroad," al-Zoubi said, warning that those who mess with Syria`s sovereignty must carefully study their options and shoulder the responsibility.
"Syria is committed to the option of resistance and whoever thinks that Syria can be breakable is wrong and mistaken and must repeat his calculations," the Syrian minister added.
Israel carried out a missile attack on a military research centre outside capital Damascus early Sunday.
Syrian state television has telecast video footage showing a series of large explosions around the Jamraya research centre, located about 15 km from the Lebanese border, SANA news agency reported.
Meanwhile, Iran also condemned Israeli air strikes while urging regional countries to resist such acts of "aggression".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured