Israeli attack opens door to all eventualities: Syria
Damascus: The Israeli attack against positions of the Syrian army earlier in the day "opens the door widely before all eventualities", the Syrian government said on Sunday.
While branding the attack targeting the Syrian army with rockets as "flagrant", the statement did not overtly speak of any possible responses to the attack, Xinhua reported.
The comments came in a statement read out by Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi after an emergency cabinet meeting.
"Syria is a state that does not waver and does not accept humiliation and will not accept its sovereignty to be infringed upon either at home or abroad," al-Zoubi said, warning that those who mess with Syria`s sovereignty must carefully study their options and shoulder the responsibility.
"Syria is committed to the option of resistance and whoever thinks that Syria can be breakable is wrong and mistaken and must repeat his calculations," the Syrian minister added.
Israel carried out a missile attack on a military research centre outside capital Damascus early Sunday.
Syrian state television has telecast video footage showing a series of large explosions around the Jamraya research centre, located about 15 km from the Lebanese border, SANA news agency reported.
Meanwhile, Iran also condemned Israeli air strikes while urging regional countries to resist such acts of "aggression".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!