Israeli attack opens door to all eventualities: Syria
Damascus: The Israeli attack against positions of the Syrian army earlier in the day "opens the door widely before all eventualities", the Syrian government said on Sunday.
While branding the attack targeting the Syrian army with rockets as "flagrant", the statement did not overtly speak of any possible responses to the attack, Xinhua reported.
The comments came in a statement read out by Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi after an emergency cabinet meeting.
"Syria is a state that does not waver and does not accept humiliation and will not accept its sovereignty to be infringed upon either at home or abroad," al-Zoubi said, warning that those who mess with Syria`s sovereignty must carefully study their options and shoulder the responsibility.
"Syria is committed to the option of resistance and whoever thinks that Syria can be breakable is wrong and mistaken and must repeat his calculations," the Syrian minister added.
Israel carried out a missile attack on a military research centre outside capital Damascus early Sunday.
Syrian state television has telecast video footage showing a series of large explosions around the Jamraya research centre, located about 15 km from the Lebanese border, SANA news agency reported.
Meanwhile, Iran also condemned Israeli air strikes while urging regional countries to resist such acts of "aggression".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini