Israeli attack opens door to all eventualities: Syria
Damascus: The Israeli attack against positions of the Syrian army earlier in the day "opens the door widely before all eventualities", the Syrian government said on Sunday.
While branding the attack targeting the Syrian army with rockets as "flagrant", the statement did not overtly speak of any possible responses to the attack, Xinhua reported.
The comments came in a statement read out by Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi after an emergency cabinet meeting.
"Syria is a state that does not waver and does not accept humiliation and will not accept its sovereignty to be infringed upon either at home or abroad," al-Zoubi said, warning that those who mess with Syria`s sovereignty must carefully study their options and shoulder the responsibility.
"Syria is committed to the option of resistance and whoever thinks that Syria can be breakable is wrong and mistaken and must repeat his calculations," the Syrian minister added.
Israel carried out a missile attack on a military research centre outside capital Damascus early Sunday.
Syrian state television has telecast video footage showing a series of large explosions around the Jamraya research centre, located about 15 km from the Lebanese border, SANA news agency reported.
Meanwhile, Iran also condemned Israeli air strikes while urging regional countries to resist such acts of "aggression".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!