Landslide, floods kill 10 in Indonesia
Jakarta: Landslide and floods in Manado in central Indonesia on Sunday killed 10 people, officials said here.
Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, the spokesman of national disaster management and mitigation agency, said the disaster had forced about 1,200 people taking shelters, reports Xinhua.
Heavy rains starting after midnight had triggered floods and landslides on Sunday, he said.
Indonesia has been frequently hit by floods and landslide during heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP