Landslide, floods kill 10 in Indonesia
Jakarta: Landslide and floods in Manado in central Indonesia on Sunday killed 10 people, officials said here.
Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, the spokesman of national disaster management and mitigation agency, said the disaster had forced about 1,200 people taking shelters, reports Xinhua.
Heavy rains starting after midnight had triggered floods and landslides on Sunday, he said.
Indonesia has been frequently hit by floods and landslide during heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India