Left condemns Israeli strike on Syria
New Delhi: Left parties today condemned the "unprovoked Israeli aggression" on Syria, with the CPI(M) asking the Indian government to condemn the attack.
Maintaining that the "unprovoked Israeli aggression" was the second attack against Syria within 48 hours, the CPI(M) Politburo said Israel was "seeking to intervene in the conflict within Syria in order to destabilise the country and advance its expansionist designs, with the backing of the US/NATO."
"This blatant aggression against Syrian sovereignty and violation of all international laws must be condemned and stopped by the United Nations Security Council.
"The Indian government cannot remain silent on the matter and must forthrightly condemn this aggressive action," the CPI(M) said in a statement.
The CPI Central Secretariat said Israel had launched "an unprovoked strike against Syria on the ground that it is pre-empting sending of lethal weapons to the Hezbullah in Lebanon.
"It strains credulity to think that such weapons were stored in the capital city Damascus next to Government establishments. This has obviously been done with US connivance and the preparation for escalating American armed intervention," it said in a statement.
It demanded a halt to "such blatant violations of international law. The UN Security Council should prevent the flames of war engulfing the entire region."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Left comeback in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan takes oath as 12th Chief Minister
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- NIA says modus operandi same in Kathua, Samba and Pathankot terror attacks