Left condemns Israeli strike on Syria
New Delhi: Left parties today condemned the "unprovoked Israeli aggression" on Syria, with the CPI(M) asking the Indian government to condemn the attack.
Maintaining that the "unprovoked Israeli aggression" was the second attack against Syria within 48 hours, the CPI(M) Politburo said Israel was "seeking to intervene in the conflict within Syria in order to destabilise the country and advance its expansionist designs, with the backing of the US/NATO."
"This blatant aggression against Syrian sovereignty and violation of all international laws must be condemned and stopped by the United Nations Security Council.
"The Indian government cannot remain silent on the matter and must forthrightly condemn this aggressive action," the CPI(M) said in a statement.
The CPI Central Secretariat said Israel had launched "an unprovoked strike against Syria on the ground that it is pre-empting sending of lethal weapons to the Hezbullah in Lebanon.
"It strains credulity to think that such weapons were stored in the capital city Damascus next to Government establishments. This has obviously been done with US connivance and the preparation for escalating American armed intervention," it said in a statement.
It demanded a halt to "such blatant violations of international law. The UN Security Council should prevent the flames of war engulfing the entire region."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference