Malaysia lifts ban on `Vishwaroopam`
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian authorities today lifted the ban on Tamil movie `Vishwaroopam`, much to the delight of ethnic Indians in the country.
Malaysian Film Censorship Board had initially approved the movie - directed and produced by Kamal Haasan - for public screening in the country and it was shown in local cinemas on January 24.
However, the approval was withdrawn the next day, in accordance with a directive from the Home Ministry following concerns from the public that the film portrays Islam in a negative light.
The ban had led to the circulation of illegal DVDs among ethnic Indians here keen to see the movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!