Man jumps off moving plane in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A man jumped out of a moving aircraft while it was about to take off from an airport in Malaysia, causing delay in the flight operations.
Air Asia flight AK 5187 from Miri in Malaysia`s northern Sarawak state to Kuala Lumpur was scheduled to take off at 7.40 pm yesterday. However, it was delayed for over an hour as a result of the runway drama.
A witness said that as the plane was about to take off, the man suddenly opened the emergency doors and jumped out.
"The raft automatically opened. Other passengers started screaming. The plane was brought to a halt," a passenger Siva Nathiran was quoted as saying.
AirAsia`s regional head of flight operations, Captain Fareh Ishraf Mazputra, said the aircraft had just started taxiing when a passenger ran and opened the door.
"There were no injuries and the passenger was arrested," he said.
The man was then taken to Miri hospital. Sources said the man, believed to be aged 24, did not suffer any injuries as a result of the fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!