Mexico`s Baja California coast rocked by 6.2 quake
Cabo San Lucas (Mexico): A 6.2-magnitude earthquake rattled the southern part of Mexico`s Baja California peninsula and was felt strongly in the city of La Paz.
State civil defense director Carlos Rincon yesterday said there were no immediate reports of damages or injuries in La Paz, a tranquil fishing and resort city.
"We are calling on the public to remain calm in case there are aftershocks," Rincon said.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was centered about 75 kilometers north-northeast of La Paz in Baja California Sur.
The USGS said the quake occurred at about 4:45 pm local time and was centered offshore in the Gulf of California.
About twenty minutes later, a 4.6-magnitude aftershock occurred about 38 kilometers north of La Paz, along with a 4.8 temblor about 14 kilometers further out in the Gulf of California about 12 minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch