Mexico`s Baja California coast rocked by 6.2 quake
Cabo San Lucas (Mexico): A 6.2-magnitude earthquake rattled the southern part of Mexico`s Baja California peninsula and was felt strongly in the city of La Paz.
State civil defense director Carlos Rincon yesterday said there were no immediate reports of damages or injuries in La Paz, a tranquil fishing and resort city.
"We are calling on the public to remain calm in case there are aftershocks," Rincon said.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was centered about 75 kilometers north-northeast of La Paz in Baja California Sur.
The USGS said the quake occurred at about 4:45 pm local time and was centered offshore in the Gulf of California.
About twenty minutes later, a 4.6-magnitude aftershock occurred about 38 kilometers north of La Paz, along with a 4.8 temblor about 14 kilometers further out in the Gulf of California about 12 minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi