Mexico`s Baja California coast rocked by 6.2 quake
Cabo San Lucas (Mexico): A 6.2-magnitude earthquake rattled the southern part of Mexico`s Baja California peninsula and was felt strongly in the city of La Paz.
State civil defense director Carlos Rincon yesterday said there were no immediate reports of damages or injuries in La Paz, a tranquil fishing and resort city.
"We are calling on the public to remain calm in case there are aftershocks," Rincon said.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was centered about 75 kilometers north-northeast of La Paz in Baja California Sur.
The USGS said the quake occurred at about 4:45 pm local time and was centered offshore in the Gulf of California.
About twenty minutes later, a 4.6-magnitude aftershock occurred about 38 kilometers north of La Paz, along with a 4.8 temblor about 14 kilometers further out in the Gulf of California about 12 minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi