Mexico`s Baja California coast rocked by 6.2 quake
Cabo San Lucas (Mexico): A 6.2-magnitude earthquake rattled the southern part of Mexico`s Baja California peninsula and was felt strongly in the city of La Paz.
State civil defense director Carlos Rincon yesterday said there were no immediate reports of damages or injuries in La Paz, a tranquil fishing and resort city.
"We are calling on the public to remain calm in case there are aftershocks," Rincon said.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was centered about 75 kilometers north-northeast of La Paz in Baja California Sur.
The USGS said the quake occurred at about 4:45 pm local time and was centered offshore in the Gulf of California.
About twenty minutes later, a 4.6-magnitude aftershock occurred about 38 kilometers north of La Paz, along with a 4.8 temblor about 14 kilometers further out in the Gulf of California about 12 minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?