Militiamen attack gas complex in western Libya
Tripoli: A Libyan gas company official says militiamen have attacked a natural gas complex in the country`s west, injuring two guards and stealing weapons and military vehicles.
The official says the attack took place early today and targeted the Mellitah Oil and Gas complex near Zwara, about 110 kilometres from the capital, Tripoli. The complex is a joint venture between Libya`s National Oil Corp. And Italy`s largest energy company, Eni SpA. The militiamen fled the site briefly after seizing weapons and equipment from the guards.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to brief reporters.
A military official told Libya`s official news agency that military helicopters are searching for the attackers.
Over a year after toppling Muammar Gaddafi`s regime, Libya is plagued by lawlessness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand