Militiamen attack gas complex in western Libya
Tripoli: A Libyan gas company official says militiamen have attacked a natural gas complex in the country`s west, injuring two guards and stealing weapons and military vehicles.
The official says the attack took place early today and targeted the Mellitah Oil and Gas complex near Zwara, about 110 kilometres from the capital, Tripoli. The complex is a joint venture between Libya`s National Oil Corp. And Italy`s largest energy company, Eni SpA. The militiamen fled the site briefly after seizing weapons and equipment from the guards.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to brief reporters.
A military official told Libya`s official news agency that military helicopters are searching for the attackers.
Over a year after toppling Muammar Gaddafi`s regime, Libya is plagued by lawlessness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan