Militiamen attack gas complex in western Libya
Tripoli: A Libyan gas company official says militiamen have attacked a natural gas complex in the country`s west, injuring two guards and stealing weapons and military vehicles.
The official says the attack took place early today and targeted the Mellitah Oil and Gas complex near Zwara, about 110 kilometres from the capital, Tripoli. The complex is a joint venture between Libya`s National Oil Corp. And Italy`s largest energy company, Eni SpA. The militiamen fled the site briefly after seizing weapons and equipment from the guards.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to brief reporters.
A military official told Libya`s official news agency that military helicopters are searching for the attackers.
Over a year after toppling Muammar Gaddafi`s regime, Libya is plagued by lawlessness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- US Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan falls in first round of qualifiers
- Gems, jewellery exports up about 12% in Apr-Jul FY17
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh