Militiamen attack gas complex in western Libya
Tripoli: A Libyan gas company official says militiamen have attacked a natural gas complex in the country`s west, injuring two guards and stealing weapons and military vehicles.
The official says the attack took place early today and targeted the Mellitah Oil and Gas complex near Zwara, about 110 kilometres from the capital, Tripoli. The complex is a joint venture between Libya`s National Oil Corp. And Italy`s largest energy company, Eni SpA. The militiamen fled the site briefly after seizing weapons and equipment from the guards.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to brief reporters.
A military official told Libya`s official news agency that military helicopters are searching for the attackers.
Over a year after toppling Muammar Gaddafi`s regime, Libya is plagued by lawlessness.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards