Militiamen attack gas complex in western Libya
Tripoli: A Libyan gas company official says militiamen have attacked a natural gas complex in the country`s west, injuring two guards and stealing weapons and military vehicles.
The official says the attack took place early today and targeted the Mellitah Oil and Gas complex near Zwara, about 110 kilometres from the capital, Tripoli. The complex is a joint venture between Libya`s National Oil Corp. And Italy`s largest energy company, Eni SpA. The militiamen fled the site briefly after seizing weapons and equipment from the guards.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to brief reporters.
A military official told Libya`s official news agency that military helicopters are searching for the attackers.
Over a year after toppling Muammar Gaddafi`s regime, Libya is plagued by lawlessness.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'